Castran Gilbert recognise the importance of managing your investment properly and treat it as if it is our own. Established for over 30 years, and having sold & leased thousands of properties in that time, we pride ourselves on harnessing the best people and technology to deliver world class service and ensure a quality tenant is found in the shortest time.
Why Castran Gilbert?
- Experienced property managers – Senior Property Managers with 14-21 years’ experience, assisted by Property Managers with 3-7 years’ experience plus a dedicated leasing team. Why risk your property with people with only 1-2 years’ experience?
- Cutting edge technology so we deliver first class service –Tenant enquiries are automatically followed up, and we give you access to an online portal where you can check statements etc
- Communication – We invite you to routine inspections every six months (as often as legally permitted) or report to you on the condition of your property in writing if you don’t wish to attend.
- Competitive leasing and managing fees and FREE professional photos for leasing
- Routine Inspections every 6 months (as often as legally permitted)
- Lower vacancies and higher rents compared with the inner Melbourne market average (REIV stats)
- Over 1100 properties under management - Leverage the enquiry from tenants on other properties we manage
In addition we offer:
- Payment of outgoings (council rates etc) from the rent if you wish
- End of Financial year statements provided free of charge
- Regular updates & feedback during the leasing & management process
- No lock in management contracts. Leave any time if you’re unhappy.)
After discussing the property and how much to advertise the property at with you, we will commence marketing your property. We organise Professional Photos FREE OF CHARGE (Valued at $220) then organise the following advertising:
- Upload to websites including: realestate.com.au, domain.com.au, realestateview.com.au, castrangilbert.com.au & others.
- Copywriting highlighting the property’s features to appeal to prospective tenants
- Prominent colour listing on the Castran Gilbert rental list available to tenants
- Marketing of your property to our database of tenants who are actively searching for properties
- Use of our professional open for inspection boards directing tenants to your property during inspections
What happens next?
We then begin both open for inspections and private appointments, keeping you updated throughout this process.
We then receive applications from tenants, check their rental references and employment histories and discuss the applications with you.
If everyone is agreeable, we then conduct the final tenant database check, prepare leases and arrange the tenant/s to sign the leases and pay the first month’s rent and bond. A normal lease is 12 months however if different, we will discuss this with you.
Once the tenant has moved into the property, we usually do the first routine inspection at 3 months into the tenancy and report to you the state of the property. The next inspection is conducted 6 months after this. 9 months is a good chance to discuss the tenants’ intentions and prepare a new lease or begin the search for a new tenant.
Leasing & Management Fees
Our fees are negotiable, usually tax deductible and are quoted inclusive of GST:
- Leasing Fee – 1.65 weeks rental
The leasing fee covers the response to enquiries on your property, conducting of private and open for inspections, checking of applications, preparation of lease and condition report, tenant induction, and collection and lodgement of the bond.
- Advertising - $330.00
As websites such as realestate.com.au charge on a per listing basis, this fee that covers these charges from these companies. We also load your property as a feature listing on realestate.com.au, rather than a smaller, standard listing to help your property compete in the market.
- Professionally taken photos, which maximise your property's impact, kept on file for future “For Lease” advertising, meaning we can advertise the property as soon as a tenant gives notice. (Valued at $220) provided free of charge
- National Tenancy Database Check - $15 per applicant.
After we have checked an applicant’s employment and rental history, and discussed the application with you, prior to preparing a lease we run this check on the tenant. As well as a black list of tenants, it also details bankruptcies, certain court judgements, verifies their ID to guard against identity fraud and, if applicable, whether they have a valid Australian visa. This final check gives you added peace of mind. (If the tenant is a company, the search is $50 but also gives further details on the directors including Credit Checks)
- Property Management fee – 5.5% of monthly rental
For the day to day collection and disbursement of rent, maintenance, tenant liaison, routine inspections every 6 months and finalisation of tenancy at the end of a lease.
- Monthly Trust Admin fee - $5.50 per month
As the majority of rental payments to a landlord's account are done electronically, this fee partly offsets the bank fees and accounting systems associated with generating these transactions.
- Re-leasing Fee - $165.00
By having a tenant on a fixed lease, should they wish to leave the property early, in most cases the tenant is then responsible for any rent until a new tenant is found, and part of the leasing and advertising fees. A tenant on a month to month lease could simply give 28 days’ notice then, vacate leaving you with all the fees and no rent. Castran Gilbert recognise the importance of this in minimising the risk to your investment, therefore pro-actively negotiate tenants onto fixed leases, and carefully research and assess whether a tenant would accept a rent increase.
- Like most agents, Castran Gilbert pass on all at cost, incidental expenses such as additional keys being cut, remotes or swipes being ordered, VCAT applications and registered post for the serving of tenant notices.)
I am totally happy with your help with managing of my investment property, followed by a smooth purchase process. The apartment was leased within a shortest period after documents were signed, communication process is efficient, all matters are dealt with promptly and professionally.
Vlad / 52 Park Street, South Melbourne
Property management service has been so smooth, sometimes I forget I own an investment property as all the stresses are taken care of. Thank you so much for keeping me in the loop with everything, I feel safe knowing my property is in good hands.
Natasha / South Road, Bentleigh
Let me say for the record, you are the most professional person I have dealt with this year. You are an asset to Castran Gilbert.
Clint / Queens Road, Melbourne