LUTON offers what matters most - the best return for you!
• is locally born and bred, and has sold close to 10,000 local homes in 14 years.
• is honoured to receive your custom and will provide outstanding client service and secure premium results, no matter where your property is positioned in the market.
• provides award-winning, eye-catching tailored marketing campaigns, via our unique, in-house professional marketing team. We’ve won a string of awards for our marketing, culminating in the
2013 Real Estate Institute of the ACT’s ‘Hall of Fame for Advertising’, so we can guarantee to attract the buyers you desire.
• provides unparalleled education and training for our agents, as recognised through our induction into the Real Estate Institute of the ACT’s ‘Hall of Fame for Education and Training’ in 2012. Our dedicated Sales and Training Manager ensures our agents have the best possible training, from ongoing one-on-one professional coaching, to monthly exposure to Australia’s leading trainers and
• uses state-of-the-art systems to support all of our dealings with you.
• is the largest independent real estate agency in Canberra. Being a non-franchised company means our network of offices is connected by a single marketing and buyer database system. You will
benefit from the free-flow of information, with quality control overseen by Richard Luton himself.
• make the sale of your property their absolute priority.
• take the time to listen and fully understand your needs.
• carefully appraise and identify all of your property’s unique qualities.
• are highly skilled, articulate and effective negotiators.
• respond quickly and enthusiastically to all requests.
• are full of cost-effective suggestions on how to improve the sale value of your property.
• provide a realistic range of possible sale prices, solidly backed by recent sales research.
• have a deep understanding of the constantly changing market trends.
• are experts on the various methods of sale and can recommend the best approach for you.
• are favoured with excellent editorial coverage, based on proactive
relationships with our key media outlets and the ‘brand clout’ of our
strong market presence.
• can confidently guide and support you throughout the entire sales process)
Catherine will work with you to find the most appropriate sale method for you:
1. FIXED PRICE
Your home is placed on the market at a published price. Fixed price may invite offers but usually only allows for downwards negotiations. One of the advantages with fixed price is the buyers know exactly what you are after. A potential disadvantage is they might have thought it was worth more.
2. PRICE RANGE
Buyers usually expect to negotiate on price. Setting a buyer price range increases the number of potential buyers who will be looking at your property, allowing us to commence negotiations with multiple parties. This atmosphere of competition encourages buyers to make their best offer in a timely manner.
3. OFFERS OVER (PRICE +)
This method is similar to a buyer price range but only uses a lower figure indicator e.g. $600,000+. This gives buyers an idea as to what level you are looking, but without capping your price. If using this method it is important the price indicator is conservative in order to maximise enquiry and inspections, and hence attract more parties with whom to negotiate.
4. NO PRICE / 'BY NEGOTIATION’
This is where your home is marketed on the basis that buyers come to see the home, like it, and then work out what it is worth to them. If it is extremely difficult to determine an asking price for your home this
can have real benefits, as it means the buyers are not constrained by a published price. The market will very quickly give you an indication of the price level of your home, therefore you can gauge if any offers
made are reasonable. An old marketing adage says ‘We should sell the product before the price’, and this method maximises that - ‘By negotiation’ marketing allows people to ‘fall in love’ with your home without the objection to price. A disadvantage is some buyers may have difficulty ascertaining a price to put on your property.
One of the major advantages of auction is the time it provides both the seller and buyers before negotiation. Auction properties are usually on the market for a 3 or 4 week period prior to auction day.
This allows your agent the opportunity to gather more buyers, as opposed to private treaty methods where your property is able to be sold from day 1 and might, therefore, sell after minimum exposure
to the market. The auction marketing period allows buyers the time to confirm their finances, consult with other decision makers, and to build an emotional attachment to the property before we enter into
negotiations, hopefully in a competitive environment.
Another major advantage with an auction is if the property is sold either prior to or on auction day, the buyers must sign a binding unconditional contract, so the highly stressful ‘exchange period’ is removed. With private treaty methods, initial sale agreements are only verbal and a binding contractual exchange usually takes 2-3 weeks to process. It is a disappointing reality that some sales ‘fall over’ during this exchange period. The auction date sets a clear deadline for all interested parties to work towards, creates
a genuine forum for competition, and a resultant binding sale removes the stress of an exchange process.)
"We can't thank you enough for all you've done over the last few months. You have kept us sane in stressful times and gone above and beyond the call of duty. I can personally say that I could never be more sure that we made one of the best decisions when appointing you as our agent. You are truly brilliant at what you do and I hope for everyone else out there selling houses, you continue your passion in real estate. Thank you again for your consideration, patience and support."
Tania / Fraser
"Catherine's enthusiasm, professionalism and understanding of the market has made the sale of our home an easy and enjoyable process. Catherine always makes herself available to answer any queries and readily offers solutions and great advice. A terrific, stress-free result, with our home sold in less than one week!"
Peter & Cathie / Giralang
Deciding to sell the home I had lived in for decades was very emotional but Catherine was extremely gentle & supportive. Her service is thorough and professional and she achieved a very quick sale that was even above the advertised price! I would not hesitate to recommend her.
Pat / Scullin