Real Estate Agent Fees in Adelaide
Buyers in Adelaide have been growing in confidence over the last year as South Australia’s property market is showing signs of improvement after a time of sluggish activity. Adelaide is slowly following in the wake of property hubs, Sydney and Melbourne, and though it won’t see the same massive growth spurts, investment opportunities are prime in the city of churches.
The average median house sale price in Adelaide over last year was $476,884; this was the lowest out of all capital cities despite a solid price increase of 4.6%. Affordability is the name of the game in this capital city’s emerging market, as low interest rates and lower house prices encourage investment.
Real estate agents based in Adelaide are looking on the positive side too, as LocalAgentFinder research shows that over 78% of agents believe that average agency earnings will stay the same or increase in their areas in the year to come— an encouraging sign for South Australia’s capital.
What you need to know about real estate agent fees in Adelaide
The average real estate agent fee is generally lower in Adelaide than the overall South Australian state average, at times sitting bellowing 2% in the CBD. The average commission fee starts to increase in areas east of the capital city, especially in the Adelaide hills where the average commission rate ranges between 2.5% to 3%. Generally, real estate agent fees tend to be lower in built-up urban areas with high population density and where there is stronger competition among agents.
The average real estate agent fees increase only slightly in the outer metro regions of Adelaide; the average commission rate ranges between 2.25% to 2.5% along the coastal regions of Salisbury down to Noarlunga Centre.
Real estate agent fees are deregulated in South Australia, which means that agents can charge their own commission rates, but home sellers are also able to negotiate the fee before signing a contract. The best agents don’t necessarily charge the highest commission fee as there are many other factors to consider when choosing an agent that is right for you. Find out more about real estate agent fees and commissions across Australia.
What to consider when researching real estate agent fees in Adelaide
- Agents that operate in Adelaide CBD are on average more likely to charge a lower real estate agent fee than agents that are based in Adelaide Hills or on the coast.
- Adelaide is still an emerging market, which means that hiring a real estate agent that is best suited to selling your property is still important. Agents don’t need to be selected on the basis of fees alone; compare a number of agents on criteria like experience and knowledge of your local market.
- Agent commission varies on a number of factors, including services provided. When comparing agents ask what is included in the agent fee, especially for services like marketing.
Want to find out exactly what agents are charging in your area? You can compare local real estate agents, including their fees, experience and expertise with LocalAgentFinder. Get started now, so you can make the right decisions from the start.
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Sydney
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Melbourne
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Brisbane
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Canberra
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Darwin
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Perth
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Hobart