Real Estate Agent Fees in Darwin
Property prices have eased in the Northern Territory’s capital city over the last year, but the market remains steady, which can be largely put down to low interest rates. There are hopes that a dip in house prices and further cuts to interest rates could lessen entry barriers into the property market, drive investment and put Darwin on the map for buyers as a more affordable option to Sydney.
Overall, the median sale price decreased by 3% in the last year, but remained high, sitting at $625,970. While buyers are on the look out for properties with bonus lifestyle factors like schools and amenities close by, buyers are also buying for investment, looking for properties with good development potential.
What you need to know about real estate agent fees in Darwin
The average real estate agent fee in Darwin varies considerably depending on suburb and location. It can be revealed that the average real estate agent fees in the capital city range between 2.5% to 4% in commission rate. While lower real estate agent fees are generally noted in regions with high population density, close to metro city centres, rural areas with sparse populations further from city centres generally exhibit higher real estate agent fees.
The best way to find out the average real estate agent commission rate in your area is by comparing quotes from a number of different agents. Agent fees vary for a number of reasons, including location, property type, whether or not an agent includes all services in the commission, and competitiveness of the local market. Find out more about real estate agent fees and commissions across Australia.
What to consider when researching real estate agent fees in Darwin
- Agents that operate in Darwin CBD are on average likely to charge a lower real estate agent fee than agents that are based in rural Northern Territory.
- Agent commission varies on a number of factors, including services provided. When comparing agents ask what is included in the agent fee, especially for services like marketing.
- The commission rate doesn’t make the agent; the best agents won’t necessarily ask for the highest commission fee, so compare a number of real estate agents on a wide range of criteria that is best for you.
Curious about what agents are charging in your area? LocalAgentFinder is an impartial, online comparison service that helps you compare a range of local agents to find the best agent for your situation. Register your details today and make the smart start to selling your home.
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Sydney
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Melbourne
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Brisbane
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Canberra
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Perth
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Adelaide
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Hobart