Real Estate Agent Fees in Hobart
As the largest city in the state of Tasmania, Hobart is the property hub of the state. The property market has remained stagnant over the last year, mainly due to slow population growth, which means that the boom seen in Sydney and Melbourne hasn’t hit Hobart just yet.
However, entry to the property ladder is certainly easier in Hobart than all other capital cities in Australia, as Hobart has the lowest median house sale price at $325,000 for the last year. Homes with lifestyle factors are highly sought-after in Hobart, as most homeowners who live in Tasmania’s capital city reportedly enjoy the lifestyle advantages of prestigious natural environments close by.
What you need to know about real estate agent fees in Hobart
The average commission rate charged in Hobart is over 2.75%, slightly lower than the average real estate agent fee charged in overall Tasmania. The average commission rate across the state sat above 3% last year, which follows a general trend that real estate agent fees tend to be higher in more regional areas.
Sometimes, real estate agents in Tasmania refer to a guide published by the REIT (Real Estate Institute of Tasmania), which outlines a recommended commission rate. However, real estate agent fees are deregulated in Tasmania, which means that agents ultimately set their own rate and home sellers can negotiate this fee. Find out more about real estate agent fees and commissions across Australia.
What to consider when researching real estate agent fees in Hobart
- A commission rate is not a strong indicator of a real estate agent’s quality. Consider comparing an agent based on other factors like experience and expertise with your property type.
- Real estate agent fees are deregulated in Tasmania, so both you and your agent are able to negotiate a commission fee before signing a contract.
- Real estate agent fees vary for a number of reasons, including the location of your home and the property type. To get a good idea of what real estate agent fees charge in your particular situation, compare a number of quotes from agents in your area.
Are you itching to know what agents are charging in your area? You can compare a number of local real estate agents listing their commission fees, experience, expertise and more. LocalAgentFinder is an impartial, online service that has been helping homeowners find and compare agents in their neighbourhoods since 2007.
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Sydney
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Melbourne
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Brisbane
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Canberra
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Darwin
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Perth
- Real Estate Agent Fees & Commission Adelaide