We’ve Been Trusted With People’s Homes For Over 90 Years:
With over 90 years of knowledge and experience, it’s fair to say Shellabears have learnt a thing or two. Having experienced every phase of the property cycle many times, we can advise you on what works and what doesn’t in a prevailing market.
We Are Not A Franchise:
This means each agent has full incentives to help sell each property across our network. In other words, all of our agents have a vested interest to help sell or lease your property for the best possible price. Furthermore, we are not restricted as to where we can sell or lease. Our agents are without borders (unlike a franchise), providing far greater opportunities for buyer, seller, tenant and landlord interaction.
Large Investor Database
We have one of the largest rent rolls in the Western Suburbs. Therefore, your property can be exposed to prospective tenants or buyers, who are exclusive to Shellabears. With weekly updates sent out to our contacts we reach thousands within the Perth market.
As an exciting new concept in real estate, Shellabears are uniquely positioned to have on site access to a highly respected Architect and Builder, who can assist buyers with their understanding of building, property planning, subdivisions, developments and of course design utilising our R-Code system.
Our Community Involvement
We are passionate about supporting community organisations in the Western Suburbs. It is important to be involved where we can! Some of the organisations we regularly support:
North Cottesloe Surf Life Saving Club, North Fremantle Amateur Football Club and Surf Life Saving WA.
MS Society, Red Cross, Anglicare, Lifeline and many more!
With a formidable skill-set and reputation as an awarded architect and registered builder, Ariane has been responsible for the design and development of more than 100 houses in the western suburbs and south-west. Ariane’s work is recognised nationally and internationally and is well published in a number of design fields.
Shellabears’ modern approach using ‘design thinking’ can unlock unimagined ideas and unforeseen opportunities that can optimise a property’s potential. It is this concept, that has been responsible for many successful transactions since Ariane joined us in August 2014 – exceeding the expectations of our sellers!
The ability to offer and translate a client brief in detail, together with input from a wider scope of professional services, provides clients with prompt and reliable information in a comprehensive advisory package. Having this in-house expertise sets Shellabears apart and displays how serious Shellabears is about being Your Best Property Decision.
At Shellabears, we specialise in 3 Main Methods of Sale:
Sales by private treaty generally allow for greater flexibility in negotiations with potential purchasers. You have the ability to entertain offers from purchasers with special conditions such as a building inspection or finance approval. This method allows you to deal with each offer on each of their individual merits.
CLOSING DATE SALE:
The property will be marketed intensely for a period of 4-5 weeks with a closing date and time nominated for all offers to be registered. During the 4-5 week period, up until the closing date we conduct open for inspections.
We allow the buyers to inspect the property for themselves and assess the value of the property. We nominate a closing date, and request that any interested buyers are to lodge binding offers with us prior to the closing date.
By nominating a closing date and time, we create a sense of urgency amongst buyers. We believe this form of selling to be less stressful to all concerned as opposed to the Auction method. Unlike an Auction, buyers also have the ability to put conditions to their offer (i.e. Subject to Finance, Building & Pest Reports) that appeals to a greater pool of buyers.
More buyers = More Competition. We place our unsuccessful bidders in competition with any new Buyers to achieve the best result.
The benefit of an auction is that:
1. If your home has a unique quality that is difficult to value accurately, Auction will give you 5 weeks to determine the market reaction without putting a price on the property.
2. Auctions are a short 5-week campaign with a set finish date. It gathers all potential buyers into one group and can create a good sense of urgency if several buyers are interested in the property. In a slow market this is not necessarily achievable.
3. The price goes up from the commencement of the auction to the final price, never down.
4. If the reserve price is not met you do not have to sell. You can then move to a Private Treaty campaign.
5. No Auction bid can be subject to finance, once sold at auction the sale is ‘cash unconditional’ and is not subject to any conditions. This effectively cuts out all buyers who do not have their finances in place.
6. All inspections that a buyer may require must be completed by the buyer before Auction. The seller needs to offer a termite report to all prospective purchasers to view during the inspections to demonstrate that the home is free of timber pests.